Friday 17 August 2012

Bits, Bobs and Berries

I often have lots of time on my hands and have found that there is never a lack of activities to occupy the days. I just have to know where to look.

Recently, I picked strawberries at Primrose Farm, a local pick-your-own farm.  They had a wide variety of berries to pick including tay berries, ligon berries, gooseberries, black raspberries, strawberries, and red and black currants.

In no time I easily picked a about a kilo of strawberries. Since they grow on raised beds, no picking on bended knees, no sore back! Genius!

Three jars of strawberry jam is now on the shelf







  



 
 I also picked a pint of redcurrants, which are little jewel-like red berries that grow in clumps like grapes. They are tart and juicy, so I made some jelly for stews and gravies. Delicious!









No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please consider leaving a comment!